Followers

Thursday, June 26, 2014

airbrushed canvas

Hi Miranda again.
Today I have a canvas to share. 

First I coloured this fabulous image by Aurora Wings. 
Copics I used are:
BV00,17, 25, 29
V17, 15, 05, 09
RV0000, 63,17, 19, 32
B02, 99,95, 93,79
YG03, 17
E000, 01,02,13,17

Then I glued the images on my canvas and started adding a lot of embellies, flowers, leaves , metal items, wooden items  and rhinestones. I also used some stencils with modling paste in the background (e.g. Bubbles by Dutch Doobadoo). I glued everyting down with gel medium and after it dried it I coloured it white with gesso. Had to add two layers to cover alle the colours underneath. So don't worry about matching the colours for your embellies...you are going to paint them white anyway, so a good chance to use all the ones you still have lying around in the wrong colours, isn't it.
When dried I coloured the flowers and other embellies with the airbrush and my copics. Using a few of  colours as I used  for the image. 
For the finishing touch I brushed some inka gold (purple and golden) over de embellies to give them a extra shine. 


have a fabulous day
and if you have any questions about this technique, just pop me an email or leave me a comment

Miranda




5 comments:

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful project. Your pixi / fairy is wonderful. Your colour pallet eye catching. So perfect

Sandra H said...

Wow this is a lovely image and the colouring is stunning x

Marian said...

Wauw wat is dit mooi
Een droom zo mooi
Prachtige tinten
Groetjes

Elizabeth said...

Goergeous! Hugs, Elizabeth

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Such a gorgeous coloring on "Elven Princess" image. Love your sense of color. This is a fabulous project, Miranda. Thank you so much for using Aurora Wings' image to make such a beautiful creation! Hugs, Mitzi
Artist/Owner Aurora Wings